- Added manual switch for oil cooler fan.
- Sewed new curtains out of denim material -- look great!
- Replaced canvas on front child cot with blue "denim colored" heavy duck cloth.
- Replaced EMPI shifter with stock shifter kit from Rocky Mountain Motor Works. The EMPI
shifter never wanted to go into first easily -- no matter how much I fiddled with the
adjustment. The shifter kit is a BIG improvement over the original one.
- Replaced Grant 14" steering wheel with a nice stock steering wheel that I located
in a local Pic-a-Part. The Grant wheel looked good but was just too small in diameter.
This made parallel parking a new Gold's Gym exercise and it blocked the fuel gauge from
- R&R'd upper and lower ball joints.
- Replaced upper torsion bar
- Installed 7/8" Sway-A- Way bars front and rear - can you say "flat
cornering"? (See ball joint story)
- R&R'd clutch pressure plate (occasional slippage)
- R&R'd rear transmission seal (the cause of above slippage)
- Retrofit the original thermostat system on the fan shroud.
- Fixed a right rear corner ding, crease along sliding door, and rust under front window
then painted the original egg shell white (from brown and light yellow)
- Replaced battery tray area with replacement from JC Whitney.
- Replaced right and left mirrors New front windshield and seal.
- Replaced seals on both front doors, sliding door, cargo door and engine lid.
- Tinted all windows
- The interior stripped out and wall to wall carpeting put in - wiped out about a 9x12
- Sheep skins on the front seats. And on the rear seat and Z-bed we sewed up some new
covers out of some sheep skin look-a-like material. Lots of snaps to replace!
- Re-paneled the interior, doors, headliner, kick panels with door skins stained to match
the wood grained "Westy" pieces.
- Added grab handles on doors, and here and there in appropriate places using teak
sailboat grab handles.
- Repainted the trim under the dash and the top of the dash black.
- Replaced inoperable faucet
- Replaced broken drain vent clam shell (on roof)
- Replaced original seat belts with new style retractable models.
- Replaced sun visors and clips
- Replaced glove box
- Replaced turn signal unit - good to have high beams again
- New interior lighting - in front I added a basic overhead light combined with 2 aircraft
style directional lamps and 6" round RV style to replace missing center light and
then added another 6" light in the back over the spare tire area.
- Added third brake light kit at top of rear window
- Replaced broken speedometer with a '72 model (nice black face), replaced the gas gauge
(black), and put a tach in the clock area. Added Oil temp and pressure gauges under the
- Installed Blaupunkt Laguna Radio/CD player with 6x9 speakers in both doors and 2 6x9's
mounted under the shelf in the rear.
- Fixed ice box tray drain
- Made new curtains
- Replaced jaloused window in sliding door
- Added an electric windshield washer fluid pump, with a momentary toggle next to the
- Replaced spare tire cover
- Added an in-line heat duct fan for cooler times.
- Also got new heat exchangers - big difference!
- Insulated heating duct under front linkage cover.
- Replaced clutch cable Replaced throttle cable
- Added scoops over stock air intake area, reinforced with fiberglass and painted stock
color (really helps during Las Vegas summers with 110+ heat)
- Installed 27x8.50 BFG All-Terrain tires all around.
- Replaced all hubcaps and added 14" chrome rings after painting the rims silver
- KYB gas shocks all around.
- Replaced bent tie rod.
- Complete set of new brake hardware all 4 corners and new master cylinder/servo assembly
Replaced all of the old vacuum line from the servo to the engine.
- Added Bosch halogen driving lights.
- Upgraded to Hella halogen headlights
- Replaced steering damper
- All four CV joints re-packed and boots replaced
- Replaced front wheel bearings.
- Replaced shift linkage (at transaxle nose cone)
- Replaced front brake rotors and pads.